Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Watercolouring

Feeling the need to create....

On New Year's Eve, I had some time between World Junior hockey games (on TV) to make some January Birthday cards.



I decided to try some watercolouring techniques. The first card used the stamp set Lovely As A Tree and the sentiment is an older Stampin' Up! set. 
Cased from page 173 of the 2014/2015 Catalogue.

The second card was using Regarding Dahlias stamps set.  
I had FUN first stamping the watercolour paper with the flower stamp which had been inked with Rose Red and lightly misted with water. Then, using an Aqua Painter, I coloured in the flower. 

There were no leaves on the stamp set, so I looked up what the Dahlias had for leaves and used Old Olive to watercolour my own leaves.

I didn't have a ribbon to match, so used wild wasabi re-inker with some water to colour vintage beige seam binding I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis